Our client is a private equity firm that partners with entrepreneurs and management teams investing in and growing lower middle-market companies. Its principals have been investing together for more than two decades.
Our client seeks to invest in lower middle-market niche manufacturing, business services, distribution and consumer companies in industry sectors where they have considerable investment experience and can leverage prior successes. Our client has a strong track record of investing in and growing businesses in their regional markets having completed over 100 investments with a total transaction value of more than $3 billion.
If you are interested in applying, please visit job #369 on our careers website.
Assist senior professionals in all phases of private equity investment and portfolio management activities
- Opportunity identification and evaluation
- Execution of due diligence
- Structuring of transactions, negotiation of financing
- Portfolio company management and development including board meeting participation
- Development of additional investment targets
- Competitive private equity industry compensation (salary and bonus)
- Evaluate investment opportunities
- Strategic assessment including: market size and growth, industry competitive intensity, nature of customer relationships, strength of management, competitive advantage
- Modeling financial returns: develop financial projections, model returns with different financial structures and levels of company performance
- Conduct due diligence
- Play significant role in fundamental business due diligence
- Manage outside service providers for accounting, legal, environmental, insurance, benefits, and market research due diligence
- Assist in securing financing
- Market transactions to potential lenders
- Educate lenders regarding business fundamentals
- Assist in negotiation of terms and conditions
- Develop information memoranda for internal and external use
- Assist senior investment professionals in negotiating transaction documents
- Participate in portfolio company management
- Monitor performance, determine key drivers of variance from projections
- Work with management teams and boards of directors in developing and executing major strategic or financial initiatives (e.g., acquisitions, re-financings)
- Identify and assess macro industry trends that could impact company performance
- Assist in development of additional investment targets for our client (e.g., complete analysis of industries that may warrant focused deal creation efforts)
Expectation is that associates will join the firm for two to three years and then attend business school or seek other opportunities (as applicable).
- Privately held companies, typically with established market positions and attractive growth prospects
- Valuations between $30 and $250 million
- Equity capital needs of $10 to $50 million
- Majority ownership positions.
- Recapitalizations. Owners sell our client majority ownership position and retain a significant interest to participate in further gains in the business and defer capital gains tax.
- Management buyouts. Management partners with our client to purchase company from existing shareholders.
- Industry consolidations. Our client provides equity capital to purchase a platform company and provides additional equity to fund acquisition/consolidation strategy.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying to the position, please visit job #369 on the careers website.