Initial Responsibility – Chief Revenue Officer
Our client manufactures engineered systems for the commercial construction industry. Customers include project owners, architects, mechanical engineers, and general and mechanical contractors. The company owns the rights to a proprietary technology that offers exclusive access to a large and growing national market. The products are a proven game changer, our client has ambitious growth plans and has access to capital. The company operates out of its Midwest headquarters and anticipates multiple manufacturing locations in the future. Company ownership, a serial entrepreneur, is active, experienced in building teams in rapid growth environments, and is seeking a strong, proven individual with a developmental leadership style and a shirt sleeves work ethic, who is experienced in and desires operating leadership succession..
If you are interested in applying, please visit job #275 on our careers website.
Candidate must have a sales DNA and a proven track record in an engineered products construction materials company. The candidate must understand the challenges of introducing a new and game changing technology into the construction industry and must bring innovative thinking to the leadership process. Experience in rapid-growth, early-stage organizations, or divisions with similar growth and organizational dynamics, a plus. The successful candidate must have a refined sense of the role of leadership in building a high performance culture.
An undergraduate degree is required. An engineering degree is preferred, an MBA would be a plus.
When fully transitioned into this role, the candidate will take on responsibilities as President / COO of the domestic business. Initially, the successful candidate will be focused on rapidly building a strong, sustainable national revenue generation organization. Following orientation and initial stages of the rollout, the candidate will become fully responsible for executive leadership to include: P&L, strategic planning, day-to-day operations in business development and sales, domestic engineering, manufacturing and operations, and human resources. Finance will report to the CEO until key benchmarks are achieved.
Initial Primary Responsibilities
Revenue Generation and Marketing
Initial responsibilities will be to lead an aggressive product and sales roll out.
1. In the sales / revenue generation role, responsibilities include:
Implement a robust go-to-market and revenue generation strategy
- Refine and implement the company’s effective growth strategy, continue to increase close rates and drive national expansion
- Coordinate sales strategies to increase revenue with current customer base and in new markets
- Optimize customer penetration in existing territories
- Develop a decentralized regional operating structure with timelines and resource requirements
- Assist with expansion activities related to establishing new manufacturing facilities or joint ventures, as needed to support future growth
- Hire all customer-facing sales, marketing and business development personnel
- Direct sales, engineering and business development personnel and activities to meet sales and margin projections
- Coordinate with Human Resources to assure implementation of outstanding on-boarding and training processes for the sales, engineering and marketing teams
- Manage the accuracy and functionality of the M1 – client information system. Augment as necessary.
2. In the marketing role, responsibilities include:
Review and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy to maximize lead generation to include:
- Website optimization
- Inbound marketing strategy and use of current marketing tools and analytics to identify and qualify prospects
- Marketing Collateral
- Presentations ,Social Media Campaigns, Videos, Blogs, Webinars
- Press Releases, Articles, and Publications
- Capture industry resources and thought leadership capabilities
3. In the President / COO role, responsibilities include:
- P&L responsibility for the business across multiple manufacturing facilities.
- Ability to deliver rapid growth in revenue and EBITDA quarter over quarter
- Ability to work with the CEO to refine the strategic plan and lead implementation while adapting to the dynamic nature of markets, technology and competition.
- Demonstrate the values underlying the company’s high performance culture, and cultivate a reputation in the industry as a superior workplace.
- Work with the CEO to develop a management succession plan and recruit, onboard and retain top talent
- Travel frequently in the orientation year and thereafter 30%
Key personal qualities include:
- High energy
- Enthusiastic – passion for excellence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong analytical background
- Highly refined interpersonal skills
- Resilient, flexible, adaptable
- Results oriented
- Sense of humor
- Bachelor of Science,
- Bachelor of Business Administration,
- Master of Business Administration
- U.S. Citizen
- U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)