Since we are now in the fourth quarter, it's time for you to do a 'Career Self Check'. Just like organizations go through the performance review and compensation process, you should be performing the same rigorous review on yourself. At this time, we strongly encourage you to review your background on our Phoenix Group International website to make sure it is current. If you need to, please login and upload your current resume.
As you look at yourself and your career for 2015 and beyond, here are some important questions you should be asking yourself about where you want to be in your career.
Career Check List:
- What are my career goals for 2015?
- What are my longer-term career goals for the next 5 years?
- Am I happy in my current position?
- If not, what do I need to do about that?
- Will this current position move me toward my career goals?
- How is my current position contributing to my brand value?
- Is it moving me forward?
- Am I static?
- Am I actually regressing?
- How would the marketplace value me right now?
- Is there anything I need to do to change that?
- If so, what?
- What are the career consequences if I do nothing?
- How relevant and current are my present knowledge and skill levels?
- What is my plan to continue to stay relevant and current?
- If I am now presently 100% current and relevant, what is the plan?
- What are the career consequences if I remain static?
These are questions only you can answer. It is not up to your boss to determine your career. So as 2014 winds down, take time to take stock of yourself. Remember, if you don't, no one else will.