Our client is seeking an Associate to join its Alternative Investments ("AI") group to work within the Alternative Investor Relations ("IR") team. This role will work closely with a wide variety of internal teams including Client Advisors, Investment Research, Finance, Tax, Marketing, Legal and Compliance, among others, to contribute towards maintaining and improving the day-to-day operations of the business.
The AI group comprises 20 dedicated team members across 5 teams: Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Assets, Advisory and IR. AI manages 18 active funds with approximately $7 billion under management, encompassing over 150 underlying investment funds and over 5,500 client investments.
Our client is a large multi-family office located in NYC that serves a wide range of individuals and families. The firm has a substantial capital base and invests across a broad range of public and private asset classes. They are currently seeking an Associate with the IR team for their long-only, multi-billion dollar large-cap equity fund. The group invests in high quality companies and commits to a diligent, research-driven investment process.
If you are interested in applying, please visit job #378 on our careers website.
- Function as point of contact for Client Advisors and investors for AI fund-related inquiries
- Fulfill requests and complete documentation related to AI funds marketing, fundraising, subscriptions, capital calls, transfers, distributions, and fund redemptions – both investment manager and investor related
- Support functions including coordinating and distributing client communications pertaining to investment summaries, fund performance and marketing materials, as well as other general mailings
- Liaise with AI team members and internal departments (including Legal, Compliance, Finance, Tax, Mailer Desk, IT) on day-to-day business
- Coordinate with underlying investment managers and internal Tax and Finance departments to facilitate and track the distribution of tax reporting information to investors, such as K1s and financial statements
- Monitor and maintain client records/files in accordance with compliance policies and procedures
- 2 plus years of experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Positive attitude and willingness to take a proactive, problem-solving approach to work
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure while managing tight deadlines
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated comfort with presenting in front of both small and large groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build working relationships with professionals at all levels of the organization
- General knowledge and comfort level with financial concepts and financial markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Bachelor's degree
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying to the position, please visit job #378 on the careers website.