In response to the strategic expansion of the firm’s Private Funds Advisory group, the team is seeking a Vice President-level project management professional. This person will be based in the firm’s New York City offices and will be an integral aspect of the team’s origination, project management, and advisory capabilities. He/she will support all facets of the due diligence, client advisory, and project management processes for the firm’s private equity clients.
The firm offers the successful candidate a growing platform with differentiated sourcing channels, a robust portfolio of mandates diversified by strategy and structure to execute upon, a strong brand and track record, the opportunity to play an important role across all aspects of the placement process, and a growth-oriented environment with a strong promotional path.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Support all origination and project management activities, including marketing to, and due diligence of, prospective mandates, contribution to client selection discussions, drafting offering materials, virtual data rooms, and pitch books for private equity fund mandates.
- Develop tailored marketing strategies, focused on securing the optimal investor base for a given client.
- Respond to quantitative and qualitative Limited Partner (LP) inquiries.
- Perform private equity market research and trend analysis for both internal and external use.
- Work with the distribution team to develop conversion strategies on an investor-by- investor basis.
- Interact closely with General Partners (GP) on all GP advisory activities, including fund terms, market positioning, investor materials, due diligence documentation, and overall fundraising strategies.
- Support new business development by identifying strong GP prospects and developing outreach efforts that will competitively position the firm to win mandates.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, ideally including direct experience in a project management role at a placement agent or investment bank with solid exposure to private equity clients and fundraising mandates. Prior experience in an analytical role at an investment bank, private equity fund, or investment consultant is a plus.
- A demonstrated understanding of the private equity asset class and the ability to diligence private equity GPs.
- Exposure to the private equity industry across a variety of asset classes (including buyout, credit, venture capital, growth equity, real estate, infrastructure, and energy investment strategies).
- Strong commercial acumen, with the proven ability to identify and diligence attractive GP mandates.
- Demonstrated commercial and sales-oriented writing evidenced in pitch books, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A proactive and entrepreneurial work ethic, with the ability to take initiative and work well under pressure.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a small-team office environment.
- An active Series 7 plus either Series 63 or Series 66 licenses.
- Bachelor’s degree from a well-regarded university.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying for the position, please visit job #411 on our careers website.