Our client is a private equity firm that partners with entrepreneurs and management teams investing in and growing lower middle-market companies.
Our client seeks to invest in lower middle-market niche manufacturing, industrials, business services, distribution and consumer companies in industry sectors where they have considerable investment experience and can leverage prior successes.
The position is located in Cleveland, OH. Having a connection to Ohio is a plus, either due to previously living in Ohio, attending school in the state, or having family located in Ohio.
Assist in all phases of private equity investments and portfolio management activities
- Opportunity identification and evaluation
- Responsible for due diligence
- Structuring of transactions, negotiation of financing
- Portfolio company management and development, including board meeting participation
- Development of additional investment targets
Preferred Background of Candidates
- 9 to 10 plus years of experience in investment banking and private equity (you must have a combination of the two with at least 4 years of the experience being in private equity)
- At least one to two years of the private equity experience should be at the Vice President level
- Extensive experience with financial statement analysis, modeling, accounting principles
- Ability to quickly assess positive and negative attributes of potential investments
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and leveraged finance would be beneficial
- Candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in investing in the manufacturing, industrial, business services, distribution, and consumer sectors
- The successful candidate’s current fund should be in excess of $400 million
- Evaluate investment opportunities
- Strategic assessment, including: market size and growth, industry competitive intensity, nature of customer relationships, strength of management, competitive advantage
- Review modeling of financial returns and projections
- Conduct due diligence
- Play significant role in reviewing fundamental business due diligence
- Manage outside service providers for accounting, legal, environmental, insurance, benefits, and market research due diligence
- Assist in securing financing
- Market transactions to potential lenders
- Educate lenders regarding business fundamentals
- Assist in negotiation of terms and conditions
- Develop and / or review information memoranda for internal and external use
- Assist in negotiating transaction documents
- Participate in portfolio company management
- Monitor performance, determine key drivers of variance from projections
- Work with management teams and boards of directors in developing and executing major strategic or financial initiatives (e.g., acquisitions, refinancings)
- Identify and assess macro industry trends that could impact company performance
- Assist in development of additional investment targets for our client (e.g., complete analysis of industries that may warrant focused deal creation efforts)
- Privately held companies, typically with established market positions and attractive growth prospects
- Valuations between $50 and $250 million
- Equity capital needs of $30 to $100 million
- Majority ownership positions.
- Recapitalizations. Owners sell our client majority ownership position and retain a significant interest to participate in further gains in the business and defer capital gains tax.
- Management buyouts. Management partners with our client to purchase company from existing shareholders.
- Industry consolidations. Our client provides equity capital to purchase a platform company and provides additional equity to fund acquisition / consolidation strategy.
Unique Attributes of Our Client
- National presence with offices in targeted geographic markets
- An overseas office offers perspective on overseas demand dynamics and supply sources for our client’s portfolio companies
Competitive private equity industry compensation (salary and bonus)
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration,
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying for the position, please visit job #401 on our careers website.