Our client is a premier healthcare private equity investment firm based in New York City that seeks to create long term value for our investors and the healthcare companies in which they invest. Our client is committed to streamlining the complex healthcare industry by creating better experiences for patients (especially the elderly), building exceptional facilities, and cultivating the latest care technologies. The firm has a strategic, long-term outlook, is operationally focused, and invests across the business life cycle and capital structure.
As part of their continued growth, they are seeking experienced candidates to join the team as Associates. The Associate will gain broad exposure to the investment cycle by working closely with all members of the investment team in an entrepreneurial environment. This is primarily a 2-year, pre-MBA role with select advancement opportunity for high performers who express interest in continuing with the firm.
Roles and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Assisting in all aspects of the firm’s investment cycle including origination, due diligence, execution, managing, and exiting of portfolio investments
- Building and maintenance of financial and operating models
- Summarizing analysis and key findings into memorandums (investment and other)
- Creating management and lender presentations
- Supporting and expanding our investment pipeline
- Conducting research to identify market and industry trends
- Collaborating with portfolio companies’ leadership teams to develop growth strategies
- Portfolio company performance tracking and maintenance of investment data
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with strong academic credentials and GPA
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in investment banking and / or private equity - healthcare focus is preferred but not required
- Prior experience in transaction execution
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders including accountants, lawyers, consultants, etc.
- Team player with a “can do” attitude
- Proactively takes ownership of tasks and projects
Our client thrives on the challenge to be our best, grow as a team, and work together so our partners and communities prosper. They offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Leaders who support employee development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing work environment
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying for the position, please visit job #406 on our careers website.