This position has been filled. If you're interested in viewing our current open positions, click here. Thank you for your interest!
Our client is looking for a Vice President, Distribution (Illiquid Products) to join their team in its New York office.
Our client is one of the oldest, largest and most experienced placement agents in the world, having raised more than $90 billion across 110 highly differentiated funds. The firm’s primary purpose is to raise institutional capital for investment managers across a full range of alternative strategies – private equity, credit, real assets, real estate and hedge funds/liquid products. Partnering with a select number of the highest-quality fund managers, our client has represented some of the most innovative funds of the last two decades.
The Vice President, Distribution (Illiquid Products) will work with a senior member of the firm to assist in the distribution of alternative investment funds to North American investors, with the goal of raising capital for our clients.
If you are interested in applying, please visit job #279 on our careers website.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with a senior member of the Distribution Team, raise a significant amount of capital annually for our clients (GPs/Fund Managers).
- Demonstrate the ability to convert interested institutional investors for our clients (GPs/Fund Managers).
- Managing a series of dialogues with investors and keeping the client and colleagues apprised of the status of the dialogues.
- Effectively qualify all assigned investors for all relevant products.
- Tracking, researching and monitoring new private equity, real assets and real estate investor allocations. Investor types may include: public and private pension funds, endowments, foundations, banks, insurance companies, fund-of-funds, and family offices etc.
- Create and maintain strong relationships of all top investor accounts that facilitate future sales (e.g. investor calls/meeting/relationship building calls/meetings); keep the database updated and accurate to demonstrate this effort.
- Demonstrate teamwork in helping others close business.
- Maintain good relationships with our GP clients.
- Generate new business GP leads when possible.
Skills and Knowledge
- Solid capital raising/placements and/or proven sales experience, including closing deals (minimum three years).
- Trusted advisor with good technical understanding of alternative investment products.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with credibility to deal with clients at a senior level and respond to detailed and challenging questions.
- Able to build good relationships both internally and externally.
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours.
- Able to operate effectively in a changing environment to meet deadlines.
- Highly organized, articulate and possess exceptional analytical, sales and marketing instincts.
- The candidate must have the confidence and maturity to work directly with senior clients.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit / Self-Motivated/Enthusiasm.
- In addition to fund placement, the firm has a growing focus on raising private capital for direct deals, co-investments, and special purpose vehicles, among other products.
- Client Focused/Team Player/Process Driven.
- The candidate should have an undergraduate degree from a top tier university.
- Completed the FINRA Securities Registered Representative exams (series 7 and series 63).
- Minimum three years of solid capital raising/placements and/or proven sales experience, including closing deals
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
This position has been filled. If you're interested in viewing our current open positions, click here.