Our client has established itself as the leading risk and valuation analytics and consulting services firm for the mortgage and asset-backed securities industry. They develop and license problem solving analytical systems for institutional investors using advanced quantitative methods. Their models include prepayment and default models, home price models, and a variety of systems that solve complex, investment risk and valuation problems used by some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated institutional, fixed income investors. These include banks, guarantors, credit unions, insurance companies, regulators, broker-dealers, hedge funds and money management firms.
The firm has a relaxed culture that values work / life balance and freedom, and rewards innovation, curiosity and creativity. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on small teams with mentors who foster career development and will be given results-driven incentives and bonuses. The firm has flexible work hours, a generous vacation policy and an office café.
If you're interested, please apply to job #295.
New York, New York
This person will play a central role in all areas of strategic human resources and will work to proactively align human resources with the changing business challenges facing the firm. This will include primary responsibility for the effective and timely delivery of performance evaluation and performance management, recruiting, learning & development; employee and team communication; team functioning, and compensation, for both technical and non-technical staff.
- Manage and continue to improve the performance evaluation process for both individuals and teams. Provide employees with regular as well as ongoing feedback.
- Work with employees to develop individual development plans to ensure continuous improvement and development. Identify immediate training needs, as well as help create maps for achieving career goals. Guide employees on continually building skills and knowledge to stay relevant with current and future professional needs.
- Provide employee relations / coaching, including helping employees communicate and collaborate with team members and members of other teams in order to maximize productivity and efficiency, as well as helping to identify and resolve conflicts and work to eliminate future conflict situations.
- Support the strategic business initiatives of the firm, coordinating the human capital needs in conjunction with strategies and initiatives identified by the management councils, and working towards a smoother running organization.
- Oversee a strategically focused talent acquisition and recruitment process to fulfill short-term and longer-term needs of the firm. This includes proactive coordination among relevant professionals and working with departments in the planning and projection of employee hiring needs and managing team transfers.
- Coordinate the entire recruitment process for individual hires involving all relevant internal staff. Manage the feedback and internal communication process in the hiring evaluation process.
- Work with HR Operations and the Legal Department to create and implement policies and procedures.
- Manage the talent development and recruiting budgets.
- A degree in business with a focus in HR or any management discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience. At least 1 year of experience at a managerial level, preferably in the technology industry. Experience with both technical and non-technical professionals. Ability to hit the ground running.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational and analytical skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and demonstrated success in creating innovative and forward-thinking HR programs.
- Demonstrated success advising and influencing leadership, as well as communicating with people in all areas of a flat organization.
- Creativity and sincerity are essential to success.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel