Vice President, Business Development
We have a new position available for a Vice President, Business Development with a private equity firm located in Dallas, Texas.
ABOUT THE FIRM:
Our client is a middle market private equity fund in the process of closing their next Fund. They recently had a first close and are actively seeking to add a Business Development rainmaker to the team. The focus of the firm has been historically in the services sectors specifically in business services, food services and healthcare services. Their current bench strength is in food and healthcare services. They are open to exploring other unique opportunities that will fit their criteria and create value. The firm pursues both majority and minority investments throughout the U.S. and Canada with $5M-$50M in EBITDA. They will write equity checks between $10M-$50M. They will execute larger transactions through co-investing.
- Provide leadership for deal origination strategy for the firm.
- Build quality and credible relationships with business owners, board members, executives, and external advisors to create high quality, actionable proprietary investments.
- Possess primary responsibility for the deal pipeline reflecting high quality investment prospects.
- Maximize quality deal exposure that meet the investment criteria as early in the consideration cycle as possible.
- Establish and maintain a database and productive outbound calling program for proprietary business targets, non-strategic corporate spinoffs, investment bankers, and external advisors.
- Assist in establishing investment thesis.
- Responsible in developing go-to-market strategies.
- Develop internal investment memos consistent of industry, competitive market, macro trends, and other insights.
- Present deals and strategic analysis to the Investment Committee.
- Develop and be primarily accountable for the firm's marketing materials.
- Represent the firm at various conferences and industry forums.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 7 - 10 years of experience in a combination of investment banking, private equity, and consulting with proven experience originating and sourcing deals.
- Bachelor's degree from a top undergraduate institution.
- MBA or other advanced degree is a plus but not a requirement.
- Proven ability to think strategically about business opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and technical aptitude.
- Team player.
- Strong work ethic.
- Proactive self-starter.