Our client is looking to hire a full-time Associate to join its direct investment private equity team in New York. Our client is a lower middle market, special situations private equity firm established by two private equity veterans with a strong track record in the industry.
The firm, founded in 2016, focuses on control acquisitions in the healthcare, business services, and niche manufacturing industries, and generally focuses on businesses with less than $100.0 million in revenue. Our client receives funding for its investments from a variety of conventional private equity limited partners, including fund-of-funds, co-investment funds, private equity funds, and family offices.
The new Associate hire would be an integral part of the team’s evaluation, diligence, and acquisition of new portfolio companies, as well as in the monitoring and value creation at its existing portfolio companies. The Associate would receive direct exposure to the world of special situations private equity investing, and be able to interact directly with management teams, financing institutions and third-party advisors.
If you are interested in applying, please visit job #392 on our careers website.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Associate will participate in all investment functions, including (a) detailed due diligence; (b) financial analysis and diligence; (c) industry research; (d) working with third party advisors; (e) financial modeling; (f) playing a key role in the underlying analysis of investment decisions; and (g) raising financing to complete the acquisitions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analysis and evaluation of investment opportunities including financial modeling, valuation and returns analysis
- Market and industry research
- Due diligence on companies under Letter of Intent, and analysis on potential add-on acquisitions
- Supporting the raising of financing to consummate the investments
- Supporting the negotiating of transaction and financing documents
- Preparation of materials for investors and investment committee
Successful candidates will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree with honors from a top university or college; will consider candidates with MBAs
- 3-6 years of total experience, with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience as an Analyst or Associate with a top-tier investment bank and direct exposure to either Mergers & Acquisitions or Leveraged Finance. Candidates with prior private equity experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Outstanding financial modeling and analytical skills
- Demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, business valuation, accounting and finance
- Proactive nature and able to operate independently, with general direction being provided
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working with a small group of investment professionals
Compensation and Benefits
Market-based and will consist of a base salary and performance bonus.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration,
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying to the position, please visit job #392 on the careers website.