Our client is looking for a private equity associate to join their office in Cleveland, OH. If you are interested in learning more, please visit job #263 on our careers website.
Assist senior professionals in all phases of private equity investment and portfolio management activities:
- Opportunity identification and evaluation
- Execution of due diligence
- Structuring of transactions, negotiation of financing
- Portfolio company management and development including board meeting participation
- Development of additional investment targets
- Competitive private equity industry compensation (salary and bonus)
Preferred Background of Candidates
- Two-four years of experience in investment banking and / or private equity
- Experience with financial statement analysis, modeling, accounting principles
- Ability to quickly assess positive and negative attributes of potential investments
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and leveraged finance beneficial
- Candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Our client invests in lower, middle market performance materials businesses.
- The firm has extensive experience and expertise in specialty chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and engineered substances.
- Candidate experience in those sectors would be a plus but is not required.
- Strong investment banking experience is the most important experience for this role.
- Evaluate investment opportunities
- Strategic assessment including: market size and growth, industry competitive intensity, nature of customer relationships, strength of management, competitive advantage
- Modeling financial returns: develop financial projections, model returns with different financial structures and levels of company performance
- Conduct due diligence
- Play significant role in fundamental business due diligence
- Manage outside service providers for accounting, legal, environmental, insurance, benefits, and market research due diligence
- Assist in securing financing
- Market transactions to potential lenders
- Educate lenders regarding business fundamentals
- Assist in negotiation of terms and conditions
- Develop information memoranda for internal and external use
- Assist senior investment professionals in negotiating transaction documents
- Participate in portfolio company management
- Monitor performance, determine key drivers of variance from projections
- Work with management teams and boards of directors in developing and executing major strategic or financial initiatives (e.g., acquisitions, refinancings)
- Identify and assess macro industry trends that could impact company performance
- Assist in development of additional investment targets for our client (e.g., complete analysis of industries that may warrant focused deal creation efforts)
Associate Career Progression
- Expectation is that Associates will: (1) join the firm for two to three years and return to graduate school or pursue other positions; or (2) exceptional performers will have the opportunity to remain on a career track with the firm.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying to the position, please visit job #263 on our careers website.