Our client invests in established and emerging venture capital fund managers, in expansion stage venture-backed companies and in secondary investments in venture capital funds and companies. The team has a proven ability to dynamically allocate capital across multiple venture capital investment strategies. Our client is currently seeking a Portfolio Impact Associate to join its team. The Portfolio Impact team is fully dedicated to supporting the companies and the venture capital firms in which our client is invested, primarily by facilitating valuable connections to potential customers, strategic partners, service providers, executive talent and investors. If you are interested in learning more, please visit job #256 on our careers website.
- Develop and foster relationships with members of our client’s community, including venture capitalists and portfolio company management teams
- Create value for direct and underlying portfolio companies through customer and partner introductions, executive-level recruiting, and service provider recommendations
- Build relationships with corporate executives to help them identify and connect with relevant underlying portfolio companies that address corporate challenges and / or areas of interest
- Build relationships with accelerators, incubators, angel groups and micro VCs to source interesting investment opportunities for the VC firms in which our client is invested
- Organize events, such as their annual CIO Tech Days, to help connect startups with corporate executives that represent prospective customers, partners, and / or investors
- Differentiate our client from its competitors by designing and implementing new value-add initiatives
- Manage our network and track value-added interactions through Salesforce, Domo and other tools
- Lead other strategic initiatives and projects as necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to constantly learn and adapt
- Open communication and team work
- Dedicated work ethic
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills
- Bachelor's degree from a leading university
- A total of 5 to 8 years of experience either on the corporate side in a corporate VC, innovation, evangelist role building relationships with VCs and entrepreneurs, or at a VC firm or accelerator in a business development role focused on building corporate relationships and connecting them to startups.
- Strong understanding of the venture capital, startup and corporate innovation ecosystems
- Experience advising VC-backed companies on tough growth and operational challenges
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, be responsive, manage varied tasks and work within a team
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in written form
Benefits: Our client’s salaries and benefits are among the best in the business.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401K with company match
- Personal Time off
- Daily lunch provided, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration,
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying to the position, please visit job #256 on our careers website.