Our client is currently seeking an experienced leader to join their Portfolio Impact team, which is fully dedicated to supporting the venture capital firms and portfolio companies in which our client has directly or indirectly invested by facilitating mutually beneficial connections to potential customers, strategic partners, service providers, executive talent and investors.
For this particular role, our client is looking for someone to lead their Corporate Network initiative and accelerate their efforts in establishing and strengthening relationships with senior corporate executives such as CIOs, CTOs and Innovation leaders. Primarily, this person would help these executives navigate the VC ecosystem by identifying and connecting them with the 120 VC firms and 6,000 underlying portfolio companies within their network. Responsibilities would include defining the overarching strategy for the Corporate Network, attending and running networking events and executive briefings that connect entrepreneurs and executives, and advising corporate innovation groups on market scans and other activities.
The role is based out of their Baltimore area office, but this person will have discretion to travel as needed for meetings with executives, investors and portfolio companies. Our client is looking for the right person for the role and plans to tailor compensation and title to the individual.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT AN INVESTMENT ROLE AND THERE IS NO LONGER TERM PATH TO BECOMING AN INVESTOR WITHIN THE FIRM.
If you are interested in applying for the position, you can apply to job #283 on our careers website.
- Develop and foster relationships with members of our client’s community, including venture capitalists and portfolio company management teams
- Build strong relationships with C-Suite corporate executives by helping them identify and connect with relevant underlying portfolio companies addressing corporate challenges and/or areas of interest
- Organize networking events, such as their annual CIO Tech Day, and run executive briefings that that connect startups with corporate executives representing prospective customers, partners, and/or investors
- Differentiate our client from its competitors by designing and implementing new value-add initiatives
- Manage the client’s Corporate Network and track value-added interactions through Salesforce, Domo and other tools like Affinity
- Lead other strategic initiatives and Portfolio Impact projects as necessary
- Minimum of 3 years experience within venture capital, corporate innovation, or corporate relations/business development at an organization relevant within ecosystem (e.g. accelerator, incubator, scouting firm, etc.)
- Significant experience connecting corporations to entrepreneurs and emerging technologies
- Strong understanding of the venture capital, startup and corporate innovation ecosystems
- Experience advising VC-backed companies on growth and operational challenges
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, be responsive, manage varied tasks and work within a team
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in written form
- Willingness to travel as needed to conferences, events and meetings across U.S.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401K with company match
- Daily lunch provided, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying to the position, please visit job #283 on our careers website.