Our client is a well-established global investment advisory firm that is seeking Operational Due Diligence Analysts to be based out of their San Diego office.
Our client provides specialist alternative investment research and portfolio advisory solutions to a wide range of institutional investors including pensions, governmental entities, endowments & foundations, and insurance companies.
Operational due diligence involves on-site visits/meetings with fund managers, verification with various service providers, reference checking, and document reviews. A significant portion of the role will entail liaising with external parties while performing due diligence and background checks, as well as reviewing underlying funds’ financial and legal documents. Drafting reports involves extensive writing for Aksia’s institutional clients. New hires will develop both the subjective and objective skills necessary to assess the business risks of alternative funds from an investor’s perspective. Over time, all operational due diligence professionals are expected to forge their own relationships throughout the industry.
If you are interested in learning more, please visit job #345 on our careers website.
- Conducting hedge fund and private market fund operational due diligence calls and meetings
- Assessing fraud risk, back office sufficiency, conflicts of interest and other potential business risks
- Drafting research reports and communicating research findings to clients
- 1 to 3 years of accounting, audit, operations, compliance or legal experience
- Solid academic record
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Independent and critical thinking skills
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying to the position, please visit job #345 on our careers website.