Title: Vice President or Director, depending on candidate’s previous experience and background
Reports To: Managing Directors
Job Category: Investment Banking/Private Equity
Details: This specialty investment banking and private equity firm is looking to hire an experienced professional capable of managing deal processes, analyzing companies and industries and overseeing the development of models and supporting research as part of a team to close strategic transactions including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financings and private investments for both investment banking clients and the firm’s fund. The firm provides investment banking and advisory services for middle market businesses engaged in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and financings. In addition to its investment banking activities, the firm acquires and invests in a variety of companies in the healthcare, technology-enabled business services, and value-added manufacturing industries.
The firm anticipates that the successful candidate will have the ability to work on, and in many cases lead, the transactions and investments with minimal supervision and oversight. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to advance within this entrepreneurial organization.
- Helping manage the transaction process from start to finish as part of a deal team;
- Supporting all aspects of client/target company relationships including due diligence preparation and analysis, site visits, management communications/presentations and negotiations;
- Marketing the firm’s investment banking services and capabilities, as well as private investment strategy to potential clients, referral partners such as entrepreneurs, corporations, attorneys, senior / mezzanine lenders, other investment bankers and private equity firms and other professionals;
- Helping to supervise, mentor and coordinate the firm’s junior resources;
- Performing industry, company and financial due diligence and research, including managing outside resources as appropriate;
- Developing presentations and offering materials for investment banking clients or portfolio companies;
- Constructing and maintaining (with the support of the firm’s junior professionals) detailed financial models, valuations and developing sensitivity analyses with respect to key economic drivers;
- Reviewing various investment opportunities and identifying specific merits and risks related to each opportunity;
- Authoring internal memoranda and drafting term sheets, letters of intent and other proposals; and
- Assisting the firm’s portfolio companies as requested through Board positions, advisory roles and other oversight activities.
- Must be willing to live in Southeast Michigan.
- A minimum of four years of related experience in investment banking, or similar fields;
- Extensive financial modeling skills and research abilities. Strong writing, communication and presentation skills and solid interpersonal abilities;
- Motivated self-starter and team player with a high level of maturity, excellent people and project management skills and ability to function in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with limited supervision;
- Capable of defining priorities, working through conflicts and identifying creative solutions; strong follow-up and time and people management skills;
- Travel required; and
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA is a strong advantage.
Compensation: Overall compensation will be commensurate with experience. The firm offers incentive compensation based upon individual success and overall firm performance.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please register and apply to job #186 on our careers portal. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Lynne Ballegeer at email@example.com.