Our client is seeking a Senior Investment Associate to join the four-person Investment Office overseeing the client’s $1.6 billion endowment. The Senior Investment Associate role is a generalist role and will have broad exposure across public and private equity, hedge funds, and real assets.
If you are interested in applying for the position, you can apply to job #393 on our careers website.
- Work closely with the team on new investment research and diligence
- Proactively identify and maintain a pipeline of prospective public and private investments.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to analyze the market opportunity, strategy, and track record of a prospective investment manager.
- Evaluate the manager’s investment process, key employees, and organization.
- Complete diligence calls and meetings.
- Draft investment memos with recommendation, documenting the diligence and identifying the key pros and cons of the investment. • Portfolio monitoring and reporting
- Track and analyze performance, key return drivers, and exposures at the manager and portfolio level.
- Monitor and help to periodically re-underwrite existing managers.
- Draft written recommendations for additions or redemptions from existing managers.
- Periodically produce written portfolio updates for the Investment Committee.
- Collaborate with the team, and legal and accounting professionals as necessary to evaluate and process any partnership amendments.
- Maintain manager pipeline, market maps, and capital planning reports.
- In collaboration with the Director and Investment Committee, produce analyses to support asset allocation reviews and various other periodic research projects.
- Leads Investment Committee material preparation, coordinating with other team members and the Academy’s investment consultant.
- Strong academic credentials, and MBA or CFA (or progress toward) preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced understanding of investment concepts.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency.
- Self-starter with the ability to work individually and as part of a small team
- Interest in working across a wide-range of asset classes and strategies. High degree of professionalism and judgment, with unquestionable integrity.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and communication skills, including the ability to perform accurate investment analyses and write clear investment memos.
- Ability to take ownership and work independently, handling multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and leverage effective relationships with external contacts.
- Ability and willingness to travel, sometimes on short notice.
- Discretion and ability to adhere to confidentiality policies is required.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills, and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- A sense of humility and the ability to reflect and learn from mistakes.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration,
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying to the position, please visit job #393 on the careers website.