Remember that recruiters can hold the keys to the hidden jewels of the job market including jobs you may not be aware of, and may not even be posted. Use them and they may just open the door to a new career opportunity. What I have learned working behind the scenes is the important role a recruiter can play in a person's career path. Even if you are not looking now, you may need their help later, so this applies to those who are happy with their careers, as well as those looking for a new opportunity. Here are the top 5 reasons why you should use a recruiter.
- Hidden Job Market. I said earlier that recruiters hold the hidden jewels of the job market, and here they are – undisclosed jobs. Many times, especially with Sr. level positions, companies have confidential roles that are for restricted eyes only. Companies then turn to recruiters for help with these positions.
- Connections, Connections, Connections. Recruiters have clout with hiring managers and sr. level executives, and many of us do not have those connections. You send your resume to numerous companies, and post your resume on various job sites, but oftentimes never hear back. Recruiters have the connections to not only get you in the door, but also get feedback – whether positive or negative. A recruiter can guarantee that you won’t be just another resume in a pile; you will be sent to the manager who will review your resume.
- Advice on Expertise. Are you underpaid? Overpaid? Are you ready for your next role? Are your technical skills up to par? There are a number of questions that can help you make an informed decision when it comes to strategic career planning, and a recruiter is a great resource to utilize. They can help you find answers and ask questions that will guide you to the right job and the right steps to take in order to advance your career. Best of all, this information is free, unbiased and essential when determining your position and worth in today’s job market.
- Same Goal in Mind. You and your recruiter have the same goal, and that is to make sure you are putting your best foot forward, meeting the right people, and hopefully getting you an ideal role that is a perfect fit for both you and your future employer. They're on your side.
- Long-Term Partner. Let’s say you found a recruiter, you find a job (whether it was their role or not), and you are now perfectly content, remember this may not always be the case. Come 3-5 years down the line you may decide to try your hands at a new company/role again. Or you may spend the rest of your days in the company you are working for, but may need advice when it comes to compensation, employee rights, etc… You now have an ally that is there for you to utilize. Recruiters (meaning legitimate, professional recruiters) are in it for the long haul. They are in the business of building relationships with both candidates and clients, and making sure both parties are equally satisfied. Therefore you not only gain a new role, but you also gain an important ally to guide you through your current and future career path.Thinking of working with a recruiter to help you find your next career opportunity? Contact a recruiter at Phoenix Group today.