Our client is seeking an experienced Analyst to join their Southern California office. The Analyst will work closely with the senior members of the team to evaluate investment opportunities in the lower middle market. This position represents a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to assume a wide set of responsibilities and make a significant impact in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The Analyst will be expected to take on significant responsibility and be able to interact professionally with executives of prospect companies and borrowers in the portfolio.
If you are interested in applying, please visit job #380 on our careers website.
- Organize, analyze, and summarize granular financial and operating data and communicate key takeaways
- Read, analyze, and diligence CIMs, industry reports and financial information to screen attractive investment opportunities
- Assist in developing and presenting investment summaries to internal team members and the investment committee
- Take responsibility for and manage portfolio companies including borrower communication, performance assessment, variance analysis, covenant tracking, amendment structuring, etc.
- Assist in developing corporate and other ad-hoc projects such as investor presentations, marketing collateral, etc.
- One to two years of experience in investment banking, accounting/due diligence services, lending, or investing (formal credit training program preferred)
- Excellent academic credentials from a top-tier school
- Strong accounting, financial analysis, and financial modeling skills (excellence in Excel is a must)
- Must understand financial statements and be able to develop dynamically linked IS, BS, and CF financial models
- Business acumen with a track record of evaluating lower middle market investment opportunities
- High level of professionalism, maturity, and superior attention to detail
- Solid work ethic and communication capabilities
- Ability to work as a member of a small team handling a wide range of responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the desire and ability to interact with portfolio companies, clients, and external parties
- Must be enterprising and a self-starter able to independently solve problems
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying to the position, please visit job #380 on the careers website.