Our client is seeking a Vice President to join their investment team in Michigan for an immediate start date. The selected candidate will be involved in all aspects of private equity investing, and will be a critical member of their growing investment team.
Our client is a successful PE firm that focuses on investing in middle market companies and manages around $2B. The firm was founded 20 years ago and is located in Detroit, MI. They make both control equity investments by acquiring small and mid-sized family businesses and minority equity investment to help business owners with growth and liquidity goals. Our client has substantial dry powder and is seeking to expand their existing portfolio through new platform and add-on acquisitions.
- Sourcing actionable investment opportunities for the firm, including attending relevant trade shows and other industry networking opportunities.
- Preparation of investment memos, flash sheets and business plan summaries.
- Researching investment target's competitive position, market size, trends and industry dynamics across a broad variety of industries.
- Analyzing qualitative and quantitative data produced by an operating company in order to develop an investment thesis and underwriting memorandum.
- Working closely with portfolio company CEOs and CFOs to ensure that financial data, board packages, operating metrics, and any other related information is prepared timely and accurately.
- Active, direct portfolio involvement as needed for time intensive situations.
- Oversee work product and responsibilities for Associates.
- Overseeing and negotiating debt financing and leading execution of M&A for portfolio companies.
- Management of diligence providers, including legal, accounting and industry specific consultants.
- Assisting with legal documentation and post-closing legal issues.
- Six to eight years of experience (investment banking, lending, consulting, or investment management).
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity, work ethic, tenacity, and character.
- Potential to develop into Principal and Partner level position which requires full oversight of deals, ability to build executive network and find investment opportunities, and represent the firm in all outward facing areas (fundraising, marketing, industry events).
- Advanced financial modeling skills, including MS Excel proficiency, capital structure analysis, debt service, etc.
- Long term desire to work and live in Michigan.
- MBA from a top-tier institution preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial orientation, able to work in less structured environments with minimal oversight.
- Proven ability to proactively manage processes and outside relationships.
- Understanding of leverage and complex capital structures.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration,
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel