Our client is currently looking for a Technology Investment Analyst for their Boston office.
Our client was founded in 2017 in Hong Kong by a team of capital markets professionals who identified the need for an institutional full-service advisory and execution platform to realize the potential of blockchain technology and digital assets. They have assembled a team comprising over 120 leading capital markets, compliance, and technology professionals across 5 global offices who are addressing the vast opportunity of digital assets across three interlocking pillars; capital markets, advisory and asset management.
About the Role
The Technology Investment Analyst will be responsible for identifying strategic acquisitions, partnerships, venture investments, and business opportunities and products for our client to pursue. They will work with a small research group focused on developing insights from long term (three to six month or longer) fundamental research targeted at specific themes (e.g. how smart contracts will reshape financial securities) to identify the best commercial opportunities for our client.
What They Are Looking For
They are looking for candidates early in their career, who are ready to bring energy and vision to technology investing and business strategy. This person is someone who wants to learn from and gain direct exposure to experienced and successful entrepreneurs, investment bankers, and technology visionaries. Ideal candidates have a tangible passion for technology, investing and building businesses and are excited and inspired by a fast and dynamic startup work environment. They are fascinated with understanding how technology will reshape the financial services industry over their lifetime and, more broadly, how capital, risk, and economic growth interact.
All exceptional candidates are encouraged to apply. The following may make you a fit:
- Insatiable drive for success and hunger for experience in technology and investing
- Evidence of outside the box thinking applied across multiple academic disciplines
- 0-1 years professional experience (venture capital, consulting, private equity, investment banking or anything demonstrating a strong attention to detail and relentless research skills)
- Previous startup experience prior to or during college
- Willingness to work on accelerated timelines with limited support
- Fundamental research and mapping of strategic acquisitions, partnerships, venture investments, and new products or business opportunities
- Market mapping of competitors, partners, targets, and potential clients
- Stay abreast of all market developments
- Present research to management
- Analyst level support with due diligence and deal structuring –valuation, financial model, legal, and commercial
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel