Our client is looking to hire an Associate to join their investment team to help them find, analyze and make investments across their venture investment platform. While this provides the opportunity to learn about and get exposure to the venture capital business in all its forms, our client is asking the individual to be slightly more oriented towards their secondary fund practice.
Our client, a venture capital platform with over $7B under management, invests in established and emerging venture capital fund managers, in expansion stage venture-backed companies and in secondary investments in venture capital funds and companies.
Notable investments include Accel, Benchmark, Founders Fund, and NEA, as well as Chewy.com, ExactTarget, DocuSign, Scopely and Mulesoft.
If you are interested in applying for the position, you can apply to job #284 on our careers website.
- As a core member of their tight-knit investment team, you will take part in the full spectrum of venture capital investing while playing a key role in the Firm’s secondary investment strategy.
- Work with the secondary deal team lead to complete diligence steps on live fund secondary processes to include: detail review of return models prepared by analyst team members, making recommendations for company underwriting, completion of partner presentation materials, assisting with the bidding and closing processes.
- Assist with the sourcing and evaluation of potential venture fund and expansion stage company investment opportunities, and make recommendations to the Partnership
- Monitor a sub-set of the existing fund and company portfolio, reporting to the investment team on progress and projections, and preparing quarterly reports for their investors
- Perform broad scale industry research and analysis to learn about and understand industry landscapes within their focus areas, and advise the broader investment team accordingly
- Your opinion will be highly valued and your initiative to dive into white spaces and help the entire GA partnership learn about new industry focus areas will be welcomed.
- Participating in the planning and execution of the Firm’s Annual Meeting
- Prior secondaries experience with strong understanding of secondaries market and investment process preferred but not required
- Over 50% of your time will be spent on secondaries
- 4 to 5 years of financial industry experience is necessary
- Organized, dependable, and able to lead a process start to finish
- A true passion for the venture capital industry
- Hard working self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who excels with little direction
- People-first, with a personable and humble demeanor interested in supporting others
- Hungry to learn new things, and driven to turn over the rocks within the industry to identify great investment opportunities
- Naturally analytical mindset
- An executive presence with the confidence to state your opinion and advocate for it
- Growth mindset and ability to project into the future to consider new technologies and how they may or may not be adopted by consumers and businesses
- Proficiency with Excel
- Familiarity with CRM solutions, Salesforce preferred
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, STD/LTD, Life Insurance)
- 401K with company match
- Personal Time off
- Daily lunch provided, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel