Our client is seeking a Pre-MBA Associate to join their team in Michigan for a flexible start date. This individual will have to ability to gain experience across a wide range of industries, transaction sizes, and all aspects of evaluating, executing, and managing investments.
Our client is a successful PE firm that focuses on investing in middle market companies. The firm was founded 20 years ago and is located in Detroit, MI. They make both control equity investments by acquiring small and mid-sized family businesses and minority equity investment to help business owners with growth and liquidity goals. Our client has substantial dry powder and is seeking to expand their existing portfolio through new platform and add-on acquisitions.
They are seeking an Investment Associate with strong analytical skills and a self-starter mindset. The Associate will, among other things:
- Review new transactions with the firm's investment professionals.
- Analyze and research market sectors to identify potential investment opportunities.
- Attend management presentations.
- Develop and manage financial models and analyses for prospective acquisitions.
- Support lender diligence and evaluation of investments.
- Assist in the transaction diligence and underwriting process.
- Compose investment committee approval documents.
- Participate in portfolio company management and attend board meetings.
- Develop KPI’s and maintain performance tracking metrics.
- Produce analyses and data for institutional investor meetings and calls.
- Manage deal logging system.
- Support investment professionals and management in the exit sale process of investments.
- One to three years of experience (investment banking, lending, consulting, or investment management).
- Excellent academic credentials from a top-tier school.
- Strong accounting and financial modeling skills.
- Business acumen with track record of evaluating lower middle market investment opportunities.
- High level of professionalism, maturity and superior attention to detail.
- Solid work ethic and communication capabilities.
- Ability to work as a member of a small team handling a wide range of responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the desire and ability to interact with general partners, clients and external parties.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel