Our client is seeking a pre-MBA analyst to join their team in the Bay Area.
Our client is the venture capital investment arm of a global financial services firm. The family of funds has $4.5B under management and includes funds of funds and direct investment funds invested on behalf of institutional investor.
Analysts are involved in all aspects of the investment process including sourcing, due diligence and monitoring investments. The Analyst role will be more involved in direct investing than fund-of-funds. The position also provides an opportunity to interact with other client businesses and participate in the fundraising process.
As an Analyst on the client’s investment team, you will be involved in both the fund of funds and the direct investment fund strategies. Analysts focus on analytical and quantitative components of investment due diligence. The responsibilities center on analysis and projections of portfolio funds and companies, benchmarking of portfolio funds, preparing comprehensive overviews of venture capital firms and their portfolios, maintaining portfolio models, drafting investment memoranda and quarterly letters to investors, and other projects to support investment decision-making. This position offers the opportunity to apply advanced analytical and underwriting skills to the venture capital industry and to gain a comprehensive understanding of the industry.
- 1-3 years of work experience in preferred fields of venture capital, investment management, consulting, and/or investment banking.
- Graduate of a top college/university with track record of academic success.
- Preferred majors are Finance, Economics, Business, and Entrepreneurship.
- Analytical orientation with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Team player who possesses intellectual curiosity, sound judgment, and high attention to detail.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel