We have a new position for a Director of Treasury and Capital Markets (Assistant Treasurer) based in the Rocky Mountain Region, USA. Please apply to job #178 on our website to be considered for this position.
Our client is a leading corporation located in the Rocky Mountain region. The open position assists the Treasurer with capital raising initiatives, global strategic initiatives, borrowing, investments, payments, foreign exchange, capital leases, banking and rating agency relationships, acquisitions and merger integration. Investment bank and/or experience in fund raising for non-investment grade, particularly bonds, a plus.
- Assist in the capital raising process, from conception to completion, including 144a and registered bond placements, syndication of term loans, tenders, and other non-investment grade capital raising activities such as documentation review and negotiation, covenant, debt capacity, NPV, and DCF analysis.
- Assist in the management of global banking, rating agency and investment banking relationships.
- Manage capital market risks and interest rate and foreign exchange exposures with Treasury team. Manage debt compliance process.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations for quarterly and annual SEC filings, and Board of Directors, including valuation of level 2 and level 3 type of instruments.
- Work with accounting and external auditor team to ensure compliance with accounting rules, including derivatives, hedges, etc (e.g. FASB 133).
- Perform analysis and/or due diligence for acquisitions or other strategic imperatives and business development projects.
- Coordinate with regions and tax, accounting, legal, corporate finance, and corporate development departments on M&A, tax planning and funding projects and strategies. Evaluate and recommend with the Treasurer ways to continually improve the overall effectiveness of treasury operations.
- Monitor and help manage the company's daily cash position and transactions.
- Work to refine and adapt financial tools to forecast the company's global cash and debt positions and to analyze global cash flows. Coordinate the optimization of cash use worldwide considering operational needs, tax limitations, currency implications and corporate structure.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience: 5+ yrs
- Education Level: MBA preferred: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Field Of Study: Finance
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
MBA preferred but not required. Experience in investment banking, finance, accounting, treasury role including experience in the following: capital markets (leveraged finance execution), indenture and credit agreement review & negotiation, business analysis, forecasting, debt and risk analytics. Excellent communication skills. Strong analytical skills.