Our client is a large asset management firm which invests in a range of strategies, including fund-of-funds, direct investments, and secondary transactions on a global basis. If you are interested in applying, please visit job #192 on our careers website.
They are currently seeking to add a Manager to support the activities of the investment team in sourcing, analyzing and monitoring fund, secondary and direct investment opportunities. This position will be located in their mid-Atlantic office.
- Managing the modeling, projection and valuation work relating to fund, secondary and direct investments, in conjunction with a small team of Analysts
- Conducting market and company research
- Participation in due diligence calls with company management teams, funds and intermediaries
- Assisting in all aspects of the transaction, including deal selection, valuation analysis, negotiation and execution
- Management of the transaction documentation and presentation to the investment committee
- Performing investment monitoring analysis and use of internal databases
- Performing other projects as needed, including fundraising, marketing and compliance
- Will mentor junior professionals with 1-2 years of experience
- Four to five plus years of relevant work experience including experience in investment banking or consulting, coupled with experience in an asset management role (private equity / venture capital fund investing / manager selection)
- Top-tier undergraduate degree, preferably with related course work in finance/accounting
- Strong analytical, modeling and writing skills
- Self-disciplined, demonstrates creative thinking, and an ability to manage the work flow of a small team
- A highly-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team context