Our client is a seeking a Business Analyst to join their team in the midwest. The Business Analyst is responsible for understanding Echo’s Key Corporate Initiatives, collecting information and ideas from executive team, researching and analyzing marketing information, and developing an all-encompassing executional plan to meet Echo’s long-term, strategic growth objectives based on organic growth as well as our acquisition strategy.
If you are interested in applying for the position, you can apply to job #242 on our careers website.
Responsibilities and Performance Measures:
- Responsible for knowing what we sell, what we make in-house, how the product is used, general product specifications, etc.
- Understand and comply with company quality policy
- Present the best first impression possible to our customers in accordance with the Echo Way
- Collaborate directly with leadership team to drive initiatives and deliver business objectives
Strategic Planning (50%)
- Responsible for knowing Echo’s product lines: Masking, End Use, and Protection Components
- Responsible for knowing Echo’s two main customer focuses: MRO Consumables and Direct Products
- Responsible for understanding Echo’s competitors, both global and niche suppliers
- Conduct segment analysis to understand market size (current and tangible markets), deal size, products offered/not offered, competitors, margins, required investments (people and capital), and strategic competitive advantage/gaps
- Develop plan around our core technologies, products, and markets to execute the Long Term Strategic Plan:
- Increase market share in Masking
- Scale and maximize the potential of End Use Components
- Accelerate gain of market share in Protection
- Understand key industry trends and investment implications
- Author presentation materials and supporting documentation
- Contribute, develop and lead select business strategy projects from idea to action with comprehensive execution plans
- Conduct in-depth market research to understand opportunity, current market positioning, competitor analysis and financial value
- Assess market size and growth, industry competitive intensity, nature of customer relationships, competitive advantage, etc.
- Research and analyze target industries and proactively identify new investment opportunities
- Identifies, research, tools and analysis required to achieve objectives for large, complex business strategy projects.
- Consult with business executives on wide range of issues related to strategy formulation process, including risk management and new growth opportunities
- Collaborate across departments and functions to align strategy and direction
- Assist in pricing, negotiation and documentation of financing related transactions
Business Model Analysis (20%)
- Build detailed financial models to determine cost, funding, ROI, and time to realize
- Provide recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance
- Analyze competitor strategies and financials to provide insights
- Assist in negotiation and documentation of financing related transactions
Process Design (15%)
- Structure/build detailed financial models to support both investment decisions and asset management activities. These modeling activities include creating financial statements, complex ROI and IRR calculations
- Assess current processes and develop new processes to support growth initiatives
- Determine the workflow, equipment needs, and implementation requirements for a particular process.
- May unutilized flowcharting, process simulation software and modeling
Systems Analysis (15%)
- Examines the flow of documents, information and material to design a system that best meets the cost, performance and long term business objectives
- Analyze systems currently in place and systems needed in order to meet/carry out objectives
Corporate Headquarters; Travel 25%. Physical demands: required to work in a stationary position for app. 8 hours/day; required to use a computer app. 8 hours/day; must be able to communicate with customers both internal and external and exchange accurate information.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or relatable field
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Strong financial modeling and quantitative skills
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work with detailed financial or other data to understand and vocalize concerns and macro implications
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- High attention to detail and accountability in analytical assessments, but with the aptitude to maintain a big picture perspective
- Ability to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment with low to moderate supervision
- Strong business judgment and decision making
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience using CRM
Additional Abilities Preferred
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- Transaction/ acquisition experience
Position Specific Competencies
- Independent – Ability to work, problem solve and close business comfortably in a remote environment. Must be self-motivated to get things done on own accord.
- Accountable – Demonstrates a commitment to and responsibility for accomplishing individual, team, and business objectives
- Organized – Diligently enters all information regarding prospects, and customers into Salesforce, without exception.
- Goal-Oriented and Driven – Understands that the objective is achieving or exceeding end goals set by Echo and the management team, as opposed to completing the tasks along the way.
- Engaging – Builds relationships internally and externally with customers and fellow team members to develop rapport and world-class customer service.
- Agile – Comfortably works in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and can easily shift focus, adopt new techniques or reprioritize as departmental or customer needs dictate.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel