Our client is a venture capital firm laser-focused on helping seed and early stage companies. They love meeting incredible entrepreneurs and rolling up their sleeves to help founders build their companies from day one. Their office is in downtown Durham, NC.
They’re looking to add an Investment Associate / Chief of Staff to their team who will work directly with the two Partners. This role will engage across all functions of the partnership, including reviewing new investment opportunities, special projects, marketing & event management, pipeline management and portfolio engagement. This role is a balance between strategy and sharp execution.
- Qualifying and managing new investment opportunities
- Managing relationships and communication within their client community
- Conducting research and investment diligence
- Initiating and leading special projects (building internal products and programs, research deep dives)
- Managing events for entrepreneurs and other marketing events
- Valuations / accounting for potential deal flow as well as potential projects with portfolio companies
- Updating and maintaining blog and website in tandem with the partners
This position is not all glamorous. As a small team, we all handle a good amount of behind-the-scenes work and this position will be no different.
Who They’re Looking For:
Someone who believes in their mission, vision and goals as a founder-first VC firm. They are a team driven by grit and they care deeply about their founders and creating great companies that stand the test of time. Their priority is finding the right person to build with them. They think that person may have a background in one of several areas:
- A former founder or member of a startup.
- An aspiring entrepreneur who wants a rare window into the VC and fundraising side of the business.
- Someone with an investment banking or consulting background.
- A generalist who loves learning new things and has a passion for tech.
- A project manager who keeps the trains running on time with little oversight, using imagination and drive.
- A doer who sees this as an ideal opportunity to immerse themselves in the tech industry and learn the art of company building from a community of skilled investors and operators.
They believe the strength of their team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences. You might be a good fit if the following describes you:
- You’re fascinated by technology and how today’s entrepreneurs are shaping the future. You don’t necessarily need deep knowledge of the venture capital industry, but you should be excited about the field and eager to learn the business quickly. Most importantly, you’re laser focused on execution with the drive to get things done. You’re deeply organized and reliable above all else.
- You’re a great teammate with no ego who is self-motivating and takes initiative. You’re curious and intuitive — a creative and unconventional thinker, yet also highly analytical and logical. You’re a fantastic writer and pride yourself on thoughtful, eloquent communication. You know the right questions to ask, as well as when to listen and learn. You have the polish and presence to regularly interact with seasoned CEOs and entrepreneurs.
- 2-3 years of work experience
- Undergraduate degree
If you are interested in learning more or applying, please visit job #323 on our careers website, or contact Steve Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our client values resourcefulness, diversity, team play, excellence, and hustle.