Our client is seeking an Associate / Senior Associate to join their team in the Pacific Northwest.
Our client is a private equity firm that partners with entrepreneurs and management teams investing in and growing lower middle-market companies. Our client seeks to invest in lower middle-market niche manufacturing, business services, distribution and consumer companies in industry sectors where they have considerable investment experience and can leverage prior successes.
This position will last two to three years with the possibility of remaining with the firm after that, but it is not guaranteed.
If you are interested in learning more, please visit job #346 on our careers website.
Assist senior professionals in all phases of private equity investment and portfolio management activities:
- Opportunity identification and evaluation
- Execution of due diligence
- Structuring of transactions, negotiation of financing
- Portfolio company management and development including board meeting participation
- Development of additional investment targets
- Evaluate investment opportunities
- Strategic assessment including: market size and growth, industry competitive intensity, nature of customer relationships, strength of management, competitive advantage
- Modeling financial returns: develop financial projections, model returns with different financial structures and levels of company performance
- Conduct due diligence
- Play significant role in fundamental business due diligence
- Manage outside service providers for accounting, legal, environmental, insurance, benefits, and market research due diligence
- Assist in securing financing
- Market transactions to potential lenders
- Educate lenders regarding business fundamentals
- Assist in negotiation of terms and conditions
- Develop information memoranda for internal and external use
- Assist senior investment professionals in negotiating transaction documents
- Participate in portfolio company management
- Monitor performance, determine key drivers of variance from projections
- Work with management teams and boards of directors in developing and executing major strategic or financial initiatives (e.g., acquisitions, refinancings)
- Identify and assess macro industry trends that could impact company performance
- Assist in development of additional investment targets for our client (e.g., complete analysis of industries that may warrant focused deal creation efforts)
Preferred Background of Candidates
- Three to four years of experience in investment banking and private equity (you must have a combination of two years of investment banking and one to two years of middle market private equity in the industrial / manufacturing / business services / and or consumer sectors)
- Experience with financial statement analysis, modeling, accounting principles
- Ability to quickly assess positive and negative attributes of potential investments
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and leveraged finance beneficial
- Candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competitive private equity industry compensation (salary and bonus)
- Privately held companies, typically with established market positions and attractive growth prospects
- Valuations between $30 and $250 million
- Equity capital needs of $10 to $50 million
- Majority ownership positions
- Recapitalizations. Owners sell our client majority ownership position and retain a significant interest to participate in further gains in the business and defer capital gains tax.
- Management buyouts. Management partners with our client to purchase company from existing shareholders.
- Industry consolidations. Our client provides equity capital to purchase a platform company and provides additional equity to fund acquisition/consolidation strategy
Unique Attributes of Our Client
- National presence with offices in targeted geographic markets
- An overseas office offers perspective on overseas demand dynamics and supply sources for their client’s portfolio companies
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying to the position, please visit job #346 on our careers website.