Our client is currently seeking an experienced professional to join its Portfolio Impact team, which is fully dedicated to supporting the venture capital firms and portfolio companies in which our client has directly or indirectly invested by facilitating mutually beneficial connections to potential customers, strategic partners, service providers, executive talent and investors. For this particular role, they are looking for someone to work on their Corporate Network initiative and accelerate its efforts in establishing and strengthening relationships with senior corporate executives such as CIOs, CTOs and Innovation leaders. Primarily, this person would help these executives navigate the VC ecosystem by identifying and connecting them with the 120 VC firms and 6,000 underlying portfolio companies within our client’s network. Responsibilities would include defining the overarching strategy for the Corporate Network, attending and running networking events and executive briefings that connect their entrepreneurs and executives, and advising corporate innovation groups on market scans and other activities.
While this role must be based out of our client’s Maryland office, there will be discretion to travel as needed for meetings with executives, investors and portfolio companies. This person could potentially be based remotely, but spending a majority of most weeks in their Baltimore office is required. Our client is looking for the right person for the role and plan to tailor compensation and title to the individual. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT AN INVESTMENT ROLE AND THERE IS NO LONGER TERM PATH TO BECOMING AN INVESTOR WITHIN OUR CLIENT.
- Develop and foster deep relationships with members of our client’s network including venture capitalists and portfolio company management teams
- Build strong relationships with C-Suite corporate executives by helping them identify and connect
- Organize networking events, such as our client’s annual CIO Tech Day, and run executive briefings that connect startups with corporate executives representing prospective customers, partners, and/or investors
- Differentiate our client from its competitors by designing and implementing new value-add initiatives
- Work with our client’s Corporate Network and track value-added interactions through Salesforce, Domo and other tools like Affinity
- Lead other strategic initiatives and Portfolio Impact projects as necessary
- Minimum of 3 years experience within venture capital, corporate innovation, or corporate relations/business development at an organization relevant within ecosystem (e.g. accelerator, incubator, scouting firm, etc.)
- Significant experience connecting corporations to entrepreneurs and emerging technologies
- Strong understanding of the venture capital, startup and corporate innovation ecosystems
- Experience advising VC-backed companies on growth and operational challenges
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, be responsive, manage varied tasks and work within a team
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in written form
- Willingness to travel as needed to conferences, events and meetings across U.S.
Our client’s salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401K with company match
- Daily lunch provided, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement