Our client is seeking an Associate to join their team near Cleveland, OH.
The expectation is that associates will join the firm for two to three years and then attend business school or seek other opportunities (as applicable). Flexible on start date.
Our client is a private equity firm that partners with entrepreneurs and management teams investing in and growing lower middle-market companies. Its principals have been investing together for more than two decades. Our client seeks to invest in lower middle-market niche manufacturing, business services, distribution and consumer companies in industry sectors where they have considerable investment experience and can leverage prior successes. Our client has a strong track record of investing in and growing businesses in their regional markets having completed over 100 investments with a total transaction value of more than $3 billion.
Our client’s professionals draw on a wide range of prior experiences in their work. The team includes alumni from Citicorp Venture Capital, Merrill Lynch, Salomon Smith Barney, Lehman Brothers, The Boston Consulting Group, Société Générale, Harris Williams and Key Banc Capital Markets.
If you are interested in learning more, please visit job #338 on our careers website.
Assist senior professionals in all phases of private equity investment and portfolio management activities
- Opportunity identification and evaluation
- Execution of due diligence
- Structuring of transactions, negotiation of financing
- Portfolio company management and development including board meeting participation
- Development of additional investment targets
- Evaluate investment opportunities
- Strategic assessment including: market size and growth, industry competitive intensity, nature of customer relationships, strength of management, competitive advantage
- Modeling financial returns: develop financial projections, model returns with different financial structures and levels of company performance
- Conduct due diligence
- Play significant role in fundamental business due diligence
- Manage outside service providers for accounting, legal, environmental, insurance, benefits, and market research due diligence
- Assist in securing financing
- Market transactions to potential lenders
- Educate lenders regarding business fundamentals
- Assist in negotiation of terms and conditions
- Develop information memoranda for internal and external use
- Assist senior investment professionals in negotiating transaction documents
- Participate in portfolio company management
- Monitor performance, determine key drivers of variance from projections
- Work with management teams and boards of directors in developing and executing major strategic or financial initiatives (e.g., acquisitions, refinancings)
- Identify and assess macro industry trends that could impact company performance
- Assist in development of additional investment targets for our client (e.g., complete analysis of industries that may warrant focused deal creation efforts)
- Two to three years of experience in investment banking
- Experience with financial statement analysis, modeling, accounting principles
- Ability to quickly assess positive and negative attributes of potential investments
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and leveraged finance beneficial
- Candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Compensation: Competitive private equity industry compensation (salary and bonus)
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or applying to the position, please visit job #338 on our careers website.