Our client is seeking an associate to join their team in the Bay Area.
Our client is the venture capital investment arm of a global financial services firm. The family of funds has $4.5B under management and includes funds of funds and direct investment funds invested on behalf of institutional investor
Associates are involved in all aspects of the investment process including sourcing, due diligence and monitoring investments. The role of the Associate will be more involved in the fund-of-funds sector than direct investing. The position also provides an opportunity to interact with other client businesses and participate in the fundraising process.
As an Associate on the client’s investment team, you will be involved in both the fund of funds and the direct investment fund strategies, with the opportunity to develop more specialization over time. The responsibilities center on analysis and projections of portfolio funds and companies, benchmarking of portfolio funds, preparing comprehensive overviews of venture capital firms and their portfolios, maintaining portfolio models, drafting investment memoranda and quarterly letters to investors, and supporting fundraising activities. This position offers the opportunity to apply advanced analytical and underwriting skills to the venture capital industry and to gain a comprehensive understanding of the industry.
- 3-5 years of work experience in preferred fields of venture capital, investment management, consulting, and/or investment banking
- Graduate of a top college/university with track record of academic success
- MBA would be a plus, but not required
- Preferred majors are Finance, Economics, Business, and Entrepreneurship
- Analytical orientation with advanced Excel skills and PowerPoint experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Team player who possesses intellectual curiosity, sound judgment, and high attention to detail
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration,
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel