Our client is seeking an Analyst to join their team in their Baltimore office.
The firm is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing almost $9 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The firm has over 90 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland and Palo Alto, California.
The firm was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments, and secondary market positions through its fund vehicles.
- Full-spectrum Venture Capital Investing
- Sourcing and evaluation of potential venture, expansion stage start-up and secondary investment opportunities
- Submit investment recommendations to the Investment Committee
- Monitor a sub-set of the existing client fund and company portfolio investments
- Provide analysis to the investment team on progress and projections of private investments
- Perform broad scale industry research and analysis to learn about and understand industry landscapes within their focus areas, and advise the broader investment team accordingly
- 1 - 2 years working in venture capital, private equity, accounting or finance
- A true passion for the venture capital industry
- Deep understanding of advanced finance and economics concepts
- Proven analytical record
- Skillset of private valuation techniques (DCF, Comparables, Regression)
- An executive presence with the confidence to state your opinion and advocate for it
- Advanced Proficiency with Excel
- Familiarity with CRM solutions, Salesforce preferred
- Familiarity with Python or C is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in finance, physics, mathematics, accounting, computer science, engineering or related
- Our client’s salaries and benefits are among the best in the business. They include:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA, STD/LTD, Life Insurance)
- 401K with 100% company match after vesting period
- 20 Personal/Sick Days
- Daily lunch provided by Corporate Chef, stocked refrigerator with drinks and snacks
- Free Parking
- Gym membership and cell phone reimbursement
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Work Status
U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Willingness to Travel